Sunday, October 12, 2008

Moda

Moda has a fascinating video on how they make their fabrics from start to finish. Here is the link: video. They also have a bunch of pictures of magazines covers of issues in which they have been featured. One interesting headline: "McQuilting: Are We Taking The Creativity Out Of Patchwork?". Yup, we totally are. Patchwork is supposed to be hard. We are supposed to delight in the hunt for color-compatible prints, not be able to buy a set of designed-to-match fat quarters. However, I am not going to complain (that much). The former method, while challenging, can be very frustrating, and requires a huge stockpile of fabrics. I don't want to have a huge stockpile of fabrics - that's what the stores are for. Further, I find more delight in the skill side of piecing (precision points). So I am torn on this issue. Luckily, I don't sew enough to really worry tremendously.

No comments: