Thursday, April 5, 2012

Trying to knit yet another way

Alternative knitting method #2: the loom.

I saw the KB Sock loom at the local craft store and decided to give it a try. I mean, a reason to buy sock yarn? Yes!

Like on needles, I pulled too tight, so my gauge was off. Fitting socks is difficult task, and my first sock doesn't fit the intended foot, though it looks pretty nice.

The only part I'm really unhappy with is the cast-on, but I wager that gets better with practice.
This was a pretty fast way of knitting. I may explore other adjustable looms for other yarn sizes, but having a whole loom for every yarn size doesn't appeal. Depending on how fast I get with the Knook, I may not get any other looms at all. for socks, though, this seems like a very useful tool. The biggest benefit is being able to set it down and pick it up instantly.

No comments: