Friday, November 7, 2008

30's prints


I thought I would show you all my 30's prints collection. Now, I'm not claiming they are all actually 30's prints, or that they are reproductions, or just inspired by 30's prints. Close enough for me. They were all given to me last Christmas by my Mom and Dad. So. Awesome.

I aspire to make some things where each piece is a different print, so I'm going to need alot. I have my eye on a fat quarter pack at a store down the street. Unfortunately, 30's prints have fallen out of fad. A shopowner told me they weren't moving. I said, "Duh! Everyone only wants a 5X5 square of every single print. Of course yardage isn't going to sell!" Aw well. Now I get to hunt out these fabrics where I can find them.

And, you know, Christmas is coming again, so maybe Santa will help me...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

there is a really cute christmas collection at BF..interested? I'll hint to santa on the other..

Jo said...

No on Christmas prints. I already got myself a Christmas pack I need to use up. Might even be the same one: "Merry and Bright" from Moda. Curse you Moda!
On the 30s prints, I will be aquiring a fat quarter pack of this collection: http://www.robertkaufman.com/fabrics/clothesline_club_garden_party/ as soon as I find myself at that store with my coupon. So tell Santa not to get those! ;-)

LEOma said...

I thought G&L gave you a bunch also???

Jo said...

Ah, yes, the "Katie Jumprope" nickles. Those are what got me into nickles to start! They seem to be 70's style prints. I got myself a fat quarter set that mixes well, and I am trying to figure out a good pattern to do with them. Great line! Tricky, though, because I don't want something too traditional, as far as pattern goes... thinking, thinking.

Unknown said...

Hey, guess what! BF has more new 30 and 40's prints in. Bring some $$$ up with you. See you soon. Love, MOM

Jo said...

I discovered a fabric store a few miles away which still stocks lots of 30s prints! When I told the lady they were getting harder to find in shops she was aghast that people didn't like them as much anymore. I think they will probably stock them for a good, long time. Yay!